Online Business Management for Coaches and Healthcare Professionals
Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS A VIRTUAL ADMINISTRATOR?
- WHAT'S DIFFERENT ABOUT ASLAN VIRTUAL ADMIN?
- DO YOU ONLY WORK FOR PEOPLE IN THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR?
- WHAT ARE YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
- DO YOU HAVE REFERENCES?
- HOW CAN I SEND MY WORK TO YOU?
- MY WORK INCLUDES SENSITIVE INFORMATION. HOW CAN I ENSURE DATA SECURITY?
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL ADMINISTRATOR?
A Virtual Administrator or Virtual Assistant (VA) works from his or her own office space, providing a wide range of online office support for individuals or businesses.
VAs use their own equipment and will only charge you for the time it takes to complete your work, so you save on office overheads and employer liabilities. Therefore, virtual administration is an extremely efficient way for healthcare professionals, charities, sole traders, small businesses, students, any individual in fact, to get specific admin jobs done at minimal cost and with no long-term committment.
WHAT'S DIFFERENT ABOUT ASLAN VIRTUAL ADMIN?
I have a unique set of skills that would benefit any individual or group in the Healthcare and Non-Profit sectors.
Imagine the benefits if your admin done by someone who...
- is qualified and proficient in Microsoft Office,
- is a qualified nurse & midwife,
- is certified in non-profit management,
- has worked as a Medical PA, Practice Manager and VA in the health & voluntary sectors for over 18 years.
...with the added bonus of someone who...
- Works fast. Types faster. Think Road Runner escaping Coyote.
- Takes responsibility for your admin & sorts it - quietly.
- Genuinely cares about patients & service users as much as you do.
- Loves helping. Cliché? Maybe - but why stifle the truth?
...and all the advantages of using a VA...
- I work from my own office & use my own office equipment.
- You only pay for hours worked.
- We agree on work and budget in advance, so you are in total control of your costs.
- You can access the best office support, wherever you are.
...but none of the usual headaches associated with 'employing' someone...
x Sick Pay, Maternity or Holiday pay - you know the list.
x Employer's PRSI, Redundancy - you know this list too!
x Extreme weather affecting productivity. Snow, ice, & floods? Never an issue for a VA.
x Paying wages when business is slow or there is less paperwork.
x Office rent, insurance, heat, electricity, equipment, software, technical support.
DO YOU ONLY WORK FOR PEOPLE IN THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR?
No, I'd be delighted to help any individual, coach, sole trader, entrepreneur, SME, student, association or group that needs admin support or management. Contact me any time for a personalised quote.
WHAT ARE YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Please see the Terms and Conditions page for full details. These are general Ts & Cs that would be personalised for each client and used as an agreement for any work to be carried out, so that everything is clear and transparent.
DO YOU HAVE REFERENCES?
HOW CAN I SEND MY WORK TO YOU?
I use a range of file sharing and project management tools, as well as cloud/online sharing platforms, but I collaborate with each client according to his/her technical ability and preferences.
I can also put new processes and systems in place to make it easier for my clients to manage their workloads and data. This is vital so they can cope with the increasing volume of work that's inevitable as a result of working with me. (Some of my clients now have waiting lists for their services. Fact!)
It's extremely important to me that I 'future-proof' my clients' systems and business processes so that their data is theirs and remains fully accessible by them and any future assistants or managers they may have. You own your business data,client lists, etc., - I just help you manage them.
MY WORK INCLUDES SENSITIVE INFORMATION. HOW CAN I ENSURE DATA SECURITY?
I am as concerned as you are about data protection. While it is impossible to guarantee 100% security of data both on the internet and offline, I work hard to maximise data security by using the following:
- The best software and online platforms available.
- Password Protection
- Coding system agreed with the client
- Registered post
- My PC and files are not accessed or accessible by anyone else. My office is also arranged so that my screen is not visible to anyone else or from the door or window. My office is rarely unattended but when it is, several additional measures are taken to improve security and avoid unauthorised access.
- I register as a Data Processor with the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland every time I do work for a Registered Data Controller, i.e. any person who keeps 'personal details on computer relating to people's health or medical care'. Reference: Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, Ireland.
- I delete/destroy all sensitive records when the work has been completed, as and when agreed with the client.
I am happy to comply with any alternative or additional data security measures a client may have. Clients' work and details are of course kept in strictest confidence but I am also more than happy to sign any confidentiality agreement you may have.